Oh yes, you will allow me a bit of self-promotion, right? 🙂
I’ve been thinking for some time about starting a newsletter of my own about geeky stuff. No, not necessarily IT-related stuff if you are thinking about that. The idea is to collect things that can excite us geeks.
- You’re strongly advised to join at http://tinyletter.com/puntofisso.
- You’re strongly advised to unsubscribe soon after, if you find it boring.
- You will get a letter every 7-15 days.
- [As regular as you were before you started taking that probiotic yogurt every morning. (Don’t blame the granola).]
- I promise you will get the most interesting links I’ve found. And sometimes rechts, too.
- I promise you will get books recommendations. Or at least excerpts of them. That might include a Bible or two.
- I promise you will get strange music. Trash music. Fake music. Classical music. I hope you like Rammstein, but they won’t necessarily be in the soundtrack.
- (No worries for your crystal glasses: I’m not gonna sing.)
- I promise you will get poetry. Not necessarily written by humans. Possibly not written by me. But you never know.
- I promise you will get interesting photos. No, not just mine. Yes, I’ll try to get that “just” away, but I want to have options.
- I promise you will get the best ideas in circulation. You will get maps to navigate through them.
- I promise you will get the best geeky humour. And (home) cheese (making) recipes. I’ll call them algorithms.
- I promise you will get the most exciting conversation I saw on twitter. Condensed.
- I promise you all of this will be short and occupy more or less a page.
- I promise you will get unicorns, double rainbows, Möbius strips. You will get umlauts and maths. You will get where no man, where no one has gone before. Just not boldly.
I should give credits to @robertbrook. He doesn’t know me, I don’t know him. But his funky newsletter was enough to convince me to write one myself. So you should rather sign up to his.